Eating healthy can be a challenge when your busy working, taking care of kids and just living your life. We don’t always have time to cook a healthy meal and so we must have snacks! Here are 10 of my go to healthy snacks that are easy to pack and bring on the go.
1) Beef Jerky- grass fed beef jerky is a great source of protein and it fills you up. Try mixing it with green onion sticks or jicama sticks for a mini meal on the go.
2) Sardines- another great protein source. You can get these packed in extra virgin olive oil to get not only the protein and omega 3 fatty acids but also the polyphenols and healthy fats in olive oil.
3) Dark Chocolate- another great source of healthy polyphenols and healthy fat. Dark chocolate also has compounds which help promote a good mood! Definitely a great snack for busy people.
4) Hard Boiled Eggs- eggs are truly one of natures super foods. Packed with protein and healthy fats and nutrients. These easy to make and easy to pack foods are perfect for when you need a meal on the go.
5) Nuts- specifically Brazil nuts, pistachios, walnuts or macadamia nuts. These foods have lots of health promoting nutrients and healthy fats. They will also help stave off cravings for unhealthy alternatives and taste great!
6) Figs- this “fruit” is actually a flower. It has lots of fiber and complex carbs and will certainly fill you up while satisfying any cravings for sweets. It’s a great snack that can store for a long time and travels well.
7) Pomegranates- you can buy pre-packaged pomegranate seeds! This super tasty fruit loads you up with nutrients and much like figs will settle down the ol’ sweet tooth.
8) Cassava Chips- everyone loves chips. They are crunchy, salty and delicious. Chips made from cassava flour are all this and healthy. They will load you up with flavor as well as healthy fiber and carbohydrates.
9) Celery Sticks with Almond Butter- a slight variation on a classic snack. Substituting almond butter for peanut butter makes this snack much healthier while not compromising on flavor. Add raisins for the classic “ants on a log”!
10) Sea Weed- yes, you read this correctly. They actually make sea weed sheets which are dried and seasoned and they are good!! Sea weed also provides a variety of nutrients including iodine and they are so savory they can tide you over until you can eat a full meal. One of my favorite snacks!!
If you need more help with a diet plan or help with healthy eating we are here to help. Stop in or contact us on Facebook.